Witherspoon and SonsPortland, OR
This storied building along SW Fourth Avenue was originally constructed in 1890 and housed a saloon, dance hall and brothel. When R&H was hired to renovate the building, we began by performing a seismic upgrade on the un-reinforced masonry building. Footings were dug seven feet below the street level, making shoring critical on this project. After the seismic work was completed our team also cut in a new stairway and completed the creative office tenant improvement.