Sr. Preconstruction Manager – Bend
Come work with us!
R&H’s mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we believe that Preconstruction Services is an integral part of that process. A great Sr. Preconstruction Manager is self-motivated and enjoys meeting clients and subcontractors as much as putting numbers together for a well-thought out and detailed budget.
General Position Summary:
Your primary role is to take ownership of assigned projects, prepare estimates for those project(s) and nurture relationships with industry contacts to develop new work opportunities for R&H. In Central Oregon project size and type can range significantly from a $10,000 – $40 million project and from a retail tenant improvement to a medical office building.
Essential Duties Include:
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate/budget.
- Manage Central Oregon’s overall estimating load; assign estimates to other team members as needed and review those budgets for accuracy.
- Prepare estimates/budgets by calculating detailed take-offs of scopes of work.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular project/bid as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures.
- Represent R&H to clients, potential clients, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages in the preconstruction process
- Develop strong subcontractor relationships
- Attend and actively network at twelve industry events annually
- Participate in and invite industry contacts to at least one R&H organized marketing events
- Document and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Great communication skills – written and oral
- Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems
- Personable and professional
- Collaborative, problem solver, hard working
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
This position has supervisor responsibility for others that are performing estimating. Responsibilities include training, performance management, delegate project/work assignments and review direct reports’ budgets/estimates to ensure they meet the desired R&H standards.
- College degree preferred in construction/architecture/engineering or equivalent experience
- Construction field experience favorable
- Four-seven years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook, Project), Bluebeam Revu & Viewpoint
- LEED AP, OSHA 10-Hour, Revit/CAD experience are favorable
- Knowledge of unit prices, construction means & methods, labor productivity and our local market
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Office environment with trips to construction sites.
- In office noise is generally quiet to moderate and on a construction site it usually moderate to very loud.
- At the construction site the employee will regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; work at heights; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Minimum supervision is provided.
R&H Construction is an equal opportunity employer.