Shop Utility Clerk – Portland
Come work with us!
Shop Utility Clerk
R&H’s mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we believe that every team member plays an integral part of that process. As a shop utility technician your objective is to optimize the amount of work we can put in place in the field by improving efficiency and providing outstanding customer service. A Shop utility clerk is self-motivated, willing to assist with any task needed and maintains a positive attitude that promotes teamwork. The R&H team works hard, but we also like to have fun and empower all of our employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
General Position Summary:
Receive, inspect, store, locate and issue job site materials, and prepare required documentation and records.
Essential Duties Include:
- Receive and inspect materials delivered to the shop
- Place materials in proper area(s)
- Receive orders for tools, equipment and supplies
- Ensure the proper documentation is completed prior to loading or delivery using Tool Watch computer program
- Verify all items listed on the work order/sales ticket are loaded and delivered
- Re-stock and organize tools, equipment and supplies
- Perform tool maintenance as needed
- Inspect warehouse for cleanliness and perform clean-up as needed
Delivery and Pickup:
- Backup person for tool delivery and pickup
- Ensure all work orders/sales tickets are correct
- Present a copy of each transaction to the project superintendent/foreman
- Inform Shop Manager of any potential problems/issues
Safety and Maintenance:
- Use extreme caution while driving. Drive slowly and watch for people, pedestrians, equipment on site, and other vehicles.
- Avoid spilling product; clean-up any that occurs
- Ensure tools, equipment and supplies are properly secured in the truck
- Follow OSHA, state and federal safety regulations
- Follow all company and regulatory agency safety policies
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Report any issues with the truck immediately
- Obey all traffic laws
- Drive defensively
- Ensure the vehicle is being maintained properly, including washing the vehicle, following the regular maintenance schedule
- Participate in safety related activities and use proper safety techniques
- At R&H everyone is empowered to work safe. If you see any hazards, please report them immediately.
- Able to use and navigate in Microsoft Windows/Office
- Basic knowledge of commercial construction
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English, sufficient to understand instructions
- Personable and professional
- Customer service driven
- Collaborative, problem solver, hard working
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise
- Perform basic math, including add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Familiar with the Portland Metropolitan and outlying areas
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Oregon Driver’s License, Commercial License a plus
Key: Rarely (0-20%), Occasionally (21-50%), Frequently (51-80%), and Continuously (81+%)
- Frequent sitting while operating truck
- Walking once at destination
- Lifts up to 100 lbs. to move tools and equipment
- May carry tools and equipment up to 100 feet.
- Requires frequent use of hands, fingers, wrists, arms and feet
- Requires depth perception in moving products
- Requires ability to hear and communicate in English
This position generally requires 8 hours a day. The workweek is Monday-Friday and occasionally on weekends/nights depending on the project. This position is requires work in the outdoors in all types of weather. It requires walking, standing, bending and stooping with exposure to moving objects; e.g. cranes, trucks, etc.. Work may occur on ladders, scaffolds and other above ground locations. Employees may be exposed to dust, fumes, noise and unpleasant variation in temperature. Work requires lifting and carrying heavy objects. Some positions require working around chemicals and caustic compounds. R&H will provide all necessary personal protective equipment to keep you safe.
R&H Construction is an equal opportunity employer.