Project Engineer – Portland
Come work with us in Portland!
R&H’s mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we believe every team member is an integral part of that process. A great project engineer is an effective communicator, self-motivated, hard-working and likes to think ahead and anticipate project needs. We like to have fun and empower all of our employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. R&H’s culture has led many employees to choose to spend 30+ years of their career here, and we are committed to giving employees the resources and advancement opportunities necessary to cultivate a successful career in construction.
General Position Summary:
Provide business and administrative support to facilitate the planning and coordination of activities on designated projects to ensure goals and objectives of the project(s) are accomplished within the prescribed time and funding parameters.
Essential Duties Include:
- Act as a liaison between the owner, architect, subcontractors and R&H project team members.
- Coordinate information and documentation from owners and architects to the subcontractors.
- Build relationships with clients, architects and subcontractors
- Perform site administration including subcontractor submittals, requests for information, sustainability tracking, meeting minutes, permit tracking, insurance requirements, etc.
- Work with project team to assess and resolve constructability issues as they arise
- Work with PM as needed on budget review, change management and subcontracts
- Coordinate and schedule workflow and material deliveries
- Review project plans/documentation with quality in mind
- Works with project team to implement quality control plan and photo documentation
- Manage the project closeout process including the punchlist, O&Ms, systems training, and closeout meeting with the project team
- Assist superintendent with maintaining a safe, clean, and productive jobsite
- Great communication skills – written and oral
- Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems
- Personable and professional
- Collaborative, problem solver, hard working
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise
- College degree preferred
- 2 + Years of project engineering experience
- Construction field experience favorable
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project), Bluebeam Revu & Viewpoint
- LEED AP, OSHA 10-Hour, Revit/CAD experience are favorable
Key: Rarely (0-20%), Occasionally (21-50%), Frequently (51-80%), and Continuously (81+%)
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Continuous repetitive motions of the hands/wrists
- Frequent sitting (Stand-up desk available)
- Rarely lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Construction Sites and Office