IT Field Technician – Portland
Come work with us!
R&H’s mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we believe every team member is an integral part of that process. A great IT Field Technician is personable and helpful, even in a stressful situation; he/she is also self-motivated, hardworking, anticipates needs and follows-through on questions.
General Position Summary:
Provide IT support and training, primarily for field personnel.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Extensive user training in R&H software and hardware usage, frequently onsite.
- Primary support for Bluebeam software.
- Primary field support for Microsoft Office 2010, Windows 7 & 8, and Virtual Desktops.
- Regularly scheduled visits to job sites to survey tech usage and provide necessary support and training.
- Repair, upgrade and reassign computers, tablets, phones, printers, software and job site networks.
- Respond to and resolve tech support calls, e-mails
- Discuss/brainstorm with supervisor about developing or changing technologies and directions new hardware and software is going.
This position has frequent new and varied work situations that involve a high degree of complexity. The incumbent determines own practice and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts. Works independently with minimal supervision.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. Contacts within the company are made with other departments and locations. Contacts frequently contain confidential and sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times and contacts are usually made at supervisor’s request.
Specific Job Skills:
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems essential.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate with others and translate technical information into non-technical terms.
- Ability to participate in a team and work creatively.
- Ability to use independent judgement and independent action.
- Able to utilize organizational skills, and the ability to multitask
- Cognitive ability to be a quick learner; grasp new concepts and understand technical issues related to computers and electronic equipment.
- Maintain a focus on employing technology in a manner that will maximize value and leverage existing systems and information.
- Software installation, setup and configuration, including conflict resolution.
- Basic knowledge of networking equipment, such as hubs, switches, routers and cabling.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and wireless networking.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of copier and printer functionality: setup, installation, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of smartphone and tablet operation, both IOS and Android.
- Advanced level of knowledge in Microsoft Project.
- Basic familiarity of Viewpoint, Bluebeam and Microsoft Project a plus.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Frequent repetitive motions of the hands/wrists
- Frequent sitting
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
Education and/or Experience:
- Some higher education or vocational training specializing in computer technical support (apprenticeship)
- Some background or experience in the construction industry, particular emphasis on industry relevant software usage.
- Continuing education on specific software applications and hardware technology.
- 4-6 years of combined education and work experience
This position generally requires 40 hours per week. The workweek is Monday-Friday and occasionally on weekends/nights for network repair. This position is at the main office, but with a focus on frequent visits to construction job sites.